We are seeking a Firmware Test Engineer for supporting & enhancing validation process of our end-devices namely – Meters, DR, CBC, GA2 & SMP. The validation process involved consists of thorough testing of device functionalities by mean of Functional & Non-functional approaches through Whitebox, Blackbox & Graybox test methodologies. He/She should hep us in developing proper End-to-End traceability metrics for efficient analysis of the issue. Another essential part of this role is to maximize the Automation process of integrating relevating test cases for meeting Zero-defect requirement across each end-products.
- Understand the Requirement by collaborating with cross-functional team and develop End-to-End test scenarios & execution planning for validation, adhering complete Release/product development lifecycle.
- Responsible for validating firmware Release quality and maintain complete traceability metrics.
- Maximize the Automation scope on VTF framework maintaining qualitative coverage all time.
- Regression test bed setup & maintainence across all segment line
- Test metrics, Backlog maintenance on Jira Dashboard
- Should actively participate in all Sprint ceremonies and enhances estimation strategies complying end-to-end validation cycle.
- Should communicate effectively with all stakeholders, Cross-functional team on test strategy and constraints.
- Search for and apply technologies that can improve product performance, reduce development time, or reduce cost
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Electrical/Software Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution.
Desired: Master’s degree in Electronics/Electrical/Software Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution.
- Ability to understand embedded software and peripherals related to domains like AMI, DA & SA.
- Analyze test cases /scenarios related to all type of embedded testing
- Define test set up, fail pass criteria and test coverage for each product line.
- Identify opportunities & technologies for automation within the test coverage.
- Must have proven track record of testing MCU peripherals & functionalities running on Linux/RTOS/Multithreaded Platform.
- Adept in executing Functional & Non-Functional testing, System Testing, Integration testing, Reliability Testing with Black/White/Gray Box test scenarios.
- Adept in developing & automating the scenarios necessary for Firmware validation, Defect logging, Test Case creation & Test Coverage.
- Should have good understanding of test tool commonly used in industry – E.g. Unified Extensible Firmware Interface, Firmware Test Suite (fwts), CHIPSEC, Greentea, Nanotest, gperftools, linux-uefi-validation, op-test-framework, arm-trusted-firmware, LPS, dns323-firmware-tools.
- Should be adept in scripting using C#, Python, batchscript, Makefile etc.
- Good understanding of Programming using C & C++.
- Should collaborate with Firmware developer & Validation Engineer to visualize & create the appropriate scenarios matching the requirements (Whereas requirement may be customer/Field/Lab driven).
- Should be good in identifying right debugging approach (during unsolicited test fail scenario) by mean of Tools/Equipment (Debugger, Packet Analyzer, Sniffing Tool, Emulator, DSO, Multimeter etc.)
- Must be having good understanding across all basic embedded protocols used for internal/external communication & tools associated for testing/validating/certfying the same.
- Should exhibit strong analytical skills to analyze complex issues/scenarios.
- Should have very strong testing experience on any commonly used networking technology – RF, BLE, LoRA etc.
- Should have good understanding of executing On-Prem and Cloud base VMs.
- Must have good Electrical understanding.
Good to Have:
- Knowledge of working with Zephyr/Edgex Testing.
- Knowledge of testing Mobile Or Web Applications.
- Abreast with Scrum/Agile methodology, DevOPS CICD process, Bitbucket & Github
- Domain Preference – Metering, Electrical, Energy Automation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with and structure ambiguous task assignments
- Process management skills