The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Accountable for the Machine Software(s) of the respective product-line. The product line will have new generation product development and maintenance/improvement developments.
- Work with multiple cross functional teams to derive out the requirement and timeline for software development
- Reverse engineer the legacy complex software for creating an upgraded package or maintenance package
- Creation and maintenance of high level and low-level designs including the FMEA as part of design
- Development of high-quality software with MISRA guidelines, unit testing with code coverage and perform architect reviews at every phase of the development.
- Along with the application feature development, integrate the complex system libraries and deliver the machine ECU software(s).
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to customer queries through the process partner team or answering the on-machine validation
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Employee should be responsible/accountable for the common team duties
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Competent to perform project management
- Engineering degree in Electronics Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 6+ experience in embedded software development and 3+ experience in Automotive
- Excellent communication skill
Required skill set
Hands-on experience in,
- Embedded C
- Debugger (Trace32 or any)
- SCM (GIT/Clearcase/any)
- Automotive communication protocols (CAN/J1939/UDS)
- Automotive tools (CANalyzer/CANape/CANoe etc)
- Embedded software (NVM/RTOS/Interrupts etc)
- Embedded I/O and processors
- Model based (MATLAB SIMULINK) developement
- Automotive concepts (Powertrain/BCM etc)