“Engineering” Department in EBSC, Chennai is an Engineering Hub for Assembly, Generator, Towers and Converters & Controls manufacturing value chain. We impose innovative & creative solutions and improve continuous improvement culture to make Vestas vision come true. Our expertise is in Engineering data analysis, Technical documentation, Product/ process quality control, Business process, Tooling design and layouts, Operational support, Technical support, Test Solutions, Enterprise Asset Management offers ample support to Vestas’ global strategies through process optimization, production support, test validation and cost control. This role is part of Manufacturing Test department. Mfg. Test is globally responsible for developing Test systems and solutions for Vestas manufacturing sites. We develop and manufacture high-end test equipment to test Vestas products. For example, Control panels, Converter systems, Generators, Nacelle & Hub Assembly, Power Train, Blades, Hydraulic systems, etc. We work closely together with our internal customers and Vestas Technology R&D.
- To develop test concepts as per technical specification and convert test concepts to logical framework and able to program them with the programming tool – VTS (our proprietary software)
- To install and commission the test equipment across the Vestas and partner factories and deliver the test solution and to connect with various factories across the globe, troubleshoot the issues and provide appropriate technical solutions
- To design and prepare/review detailed electrical schematics, update “As built” drawings, and Create user manuals in accordance with Vestas-defined standards.
- To work in a culturally diverse environment and build trust with our stakeholders.
- To be responsible and accountable for the risks and safety of the test solution
- To present and impart the knowledge acquired in the project to the team and ensure continuous improvement and optimize the available test solution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical & Electronics / Electronics & Communication / Instrumentation / Mechatronics Engineering / Marine Engineering
- 3-8 Years of Industrial Experience
- Experience in the Design of LV electrical panels /control cabinets.
- Experience in installation, Testing and commissioning of Industrial automation systems (PLC,HMI/SCADA) and LV Electrical systems
- Able to understand complex electrical schematics and find the root cause of the issue and Hands-on experience with any of the problem-solving tool
- To have exposure and experience in creating/editing Electrical schematics, and layout drawings using software like SEE Electrical or EPLAN or AutoCAD
- Practical exposure and experience in implementing automation systems like PLC, HMI, Industrial communication, Safety devices
- To possess knowledge of ISO standards like EN61439 and EN60204-1
- Create, maintain, and communicate the technical performance & risk to the stakeholders
- Working knowledge of hydraulic systems
- Able to connect with people across diverse cultures and provide a technical solution
- Good communication skills in the English language. (Oral/ written)
- To be a motivated, Result oriented, quality-conscious person
- To be able to proactively plan & prioritize the daily / Project tasks
- Willingness to work various shifts (Night shift)