- Advertisement -
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses the information to enrich life, and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
As a Staff Data Scientist at Micron, you will
- Develop machine learning and statistical techniques to build state-of-the-art data products (predictive analytics, prescriptive solutions, decision support, and decision automation data systems) using extensive and diverse Big Data sets from our technology development and manufacturing teams
- Employ techniques and theories drawn from areas of mathematics, statistics, semiconductor physics, materials science, and information technology to uncover patterns
- in data from which predictive models, actionable insights, and solutions can be developed.
- Interact with Senior Leadership, and cross functional teams to define scope, identify risks, deploy scalable solutions & lead multiple projects execution
- Mentor, Coach and Develop talent within the team
- Provide Technical Training and Influence technical/business decisions
- Strong Passion to work with Machine Learning Algorithms in highly automated industrial manufacturing doing analysis on terabytes and petabytes of diverse datasets.
- Experience in the areas: statistical modeling, feature extraction and analysis, supervised/unsupervised/semi-supervised learning.
- Exposure to the semiconductor industry is a plus but not a requirement.
- Ability to extract data from different databases via SQL and other query languages and applying data cleansing, outlier identification, and missing data techniques.
- Machine learning and other advanced analytical methods
- Experience working in a geographically distributed team environment
- Expert in Python and/or R
- Experience with pySpark and/or SparkR and/or SparklyR is a plus
- Knowledge of Hadoop (Hive, Spark, HBase), Snowflake is a plus
- Experience in Tensorflow, pyTorch, and/or other statistical software, JUMP including scripting capability for automating analyses is a plus
- Experience working with time-series data, images, semi-supervised learning, and data with frequently changing distributions is a plus
- Experience working with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) is a plus
- Existing papers from CVPR, NIPS, ICML, KDD, and other key conferences are plus, but this is not a research position
- Strong software development skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- B.S. in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Electrical, Electronics, Chemical or Physics.
- M.S. or Ph.D. with specialization in Data analytics, mathematics, Physics, Statistics, computer science.
Experience: 1+ years in data science and machine learning.
- Advertisement -
Company: Micron Technology
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.