Company: Renesas Electronics
Job Purpose and Dimensions
The purpose of this job is to help guarantee specification compliancy of the digital design by means of verification methodology and concepts. It supports the definition and enhancement of state-of-the art methodologies serving as clear verification sign-off criteria for tape out.
- Support a technical interface between other CMS teams and any local contract DV resources.
- Support verification strategy for digital and mixed signal IPs and implement the verification IP following object-oriented programming principles and methodologies including UVM.
- Support Verification planning, maintenance, feature extraction, verification tests, coverage and checker development.
- Support the development of efficient, reusable state-of-the-art verification environments and testbench structures.
- Attend review meetings with design/verification engineers
- Support physical silicon device evaluation where necessary, and develop work-around solutions to overcome device errata
- Able to debug the RTL for design intent and interface with cross-functional teams and collaboration in all verification related activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate has an experience of 2- 5 years in state-of-the art verification methodologies related to the verification of SoCs
- Fluent in System Verilog RTL coding and ASIC design methodology
- System Verilog for verification using advanced verification methodologies (preferably UVM or similar such as Specman-e, OVM, SystemC, etc.)
- Assertion based verification and Formal verification
- Fluent in constrained random verification and metric driven verification
- Fluent in simulation and regressions tools e.g., Cadence Incisive, vManager, IMC
- Familiar with either system Verilog or VHDL RTL coding and ASIC design methodology
- Familiar with behavioral modelling of analog blocks would be benficial
- Good knowledge of UNIX shell scripting, Perl and TCL scripting
- experience in writing verification plans and test bench development, simulation and debugging
Key Performance Measures
- Deliver verification work in the agreed time scales as set by program schedule for all assigned tasks.
- Document and log all the verification work.
- Ensure specification compliance by having required verification metrics in place.
- Verification concept and approaches according to corporate rules and guidelines.
- Concise and proactive communication skills within a multi-site and multi-cultural environment
- Ability to persuade and influence others based on technical facts.
- Ability to interact with customers
- Ability to successfully work with 3rd party contractors
- Takes responsibility for solutions and makes them happen, self-motivated
- Looks for continuous improvement in own and Renesas work practices
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Degree in electrical engineering, electronics, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent