The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Location: Faridabad and Vadodara
You will be working as Field Service Engineer and will be part of Process Automation business area for Energy Industries division based in Faridabad, India. In this role you will be reporting to Service Manager and you will be primarily responsible for executing service work with low to medium complexity according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines. Delivering quality customer service to satisfy customers. In close co-operation with customer and other ABB teams, take actions to identify new service business opportunities for ABB.
- Performing medium to high complex service tasks like installing, commissioning, maintenance, software updates, modifications on ABB automation (DCS/ PLC) associated equipment used for process control and monitoring
- Ensuring customer satisfaction by executing service work according to customer order and expectation. Creating and maintaining a good relationship with customers, understanding their needs, identifying new sales opportunities, supporting customer in defining requirements for system upkeep, including spare parts, software solutions, upgrades and optimization
- Preparing, maintaining maintenance check list, activity list, preparing documents and procedures for system maintenance, standard operating procedures, backup and recovery procedures
- Identifying potential system failures through system tools, diagnostic information, taking corrective actions, troubleshooting hardware and software problems with the help of his own experience, system documentation and through collaboration with other colleagues
- Identifying suggestions for product, quality, customer service improvement and discusses them with management for changes
- Ensuring that HSE practices are of high standard, working to eliminate unsafe practices, incidents, high level of awareness and adherence to the safety procedures is expected
- Diploma or B E in Electrical, Electronics or Instrumentation
- Minimum 4 to 8 years of work experience in Industrial Automation system (DCS/PLC) for Process control and Instrumentation area
- Experience in Field service or system commissioning in C and I automation systems in Power, Oil and Gas or Petrochemical or large industrial plants (metals, cement) and communication interfaces (Profibus, Modbus, OPC, IEC61850, etc.)
- Knowledge on Programming, testing and commissioning in any one of ABB Automation systems (800xA or Symphony or Freelance or others) is preferred