- To design, develop and maintain the Embedded Firmware for Rack System products.
- FW Design Engineer is responsible for sustaining engineering of single phase power distribution systems and environmental monitoring products, such as Rack Power
- Distribution Unit (RPDU), Rack Automatic Transfer Switch (Rack ATS), Ecostruxure Micro Data Center and NetBotz 250. Core function of job is to drive investigation and resolution of issues that negatively affect the quality, performance, and reliability of these products through firmware sprints.
- Other responsibilities will include support of manufacturing plants and Offer Quality group in analyzing firmware-related field failures and implement the design changes through firmware upgrades. In addition, new customer requests and new features will be supported as directed by the product line management team.
- Understand product requirements / firmware specifications / communications/ firmware architecture for Rack System products.
- Hands-on code implementation / debugging / development and testing of systems.
- Development of real-time state machine, monitoring and communications functions for the above referred Rack System power distribution products.
- Understand and comply with QMS, PEP and PMP requirements.
- Participate in subsystem and system-level design verification planning and testing.
Knowledge and skills – required
- Embedded Software/Firmware development experience
- Strong C programming language experience
- Familiarity with embedded testing, oscilloscopes, test automation scripting for embedded products, development tools, including emulators and version control software
- Experience in industrial field bus communication protocols like MODBUS, CAN, SPI, I2C, and protocols like USB,TCP/IP and embedded web servers
- Strong problem solving skills and diagnostic abilities
- Should be proficient with MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge and skills – recommended
- Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) development such as µC/OS
- Scripting languages such as Python, Perl, and Lua
- Good interpersonal communication skills and experience in working with global teams
- Be able to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
Education and Experience
BE / B Tech in EC/IC/CS with 4-6 years relevant experience in Embedded product environment.
Company: Schneider Electric
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.