Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists and designs circuits and wiring harnesses of robotic systems by a selection of appropriate technology and components
- Conduct research for cost reduction of electrical and electronic hardware with the required robotic system endurance, mobility & perception
- Select suitable connectors, actuators, sensors, computational platforms, protection switch gear, and other elements of details system design.
- Support field trials of the developed product at various locations worldwide.
- Review the block diagrams/layout drawings prepared by Drafters for mechanical, electrical, network, control, etc.
- Coordinate project deliveries and schedules with the Automation & Control teams globally.
- Review work carried out by other engineers, review the documents prepared by the team, and approve the same.
- Define functional processes and work towards continuous improvement
- Design and develop automotive compliant analog and digital circuit schematics
- Work with third parties to manufacture and test Printed Circuit Boards
- Iteratively develop proof-of-concept implementations, prototypes, and demos to fine-tune technologies to practical, state-of-the-art systems
- Develop an awareness of modern Electro-mechanical systems and design alternatives
- Learn and apply knowledge of hardware design standards and best practices
- Prepare reports and presentations on the status of the design and development process for discussion with stakeholders.
- Perform research on emerging hardware products and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Perform all other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- Liaise with external research agencies/vendors or Institutes to develop competency in technology and build products/prototypes that provide strategic advantage to
- Oceaneering in the marketplace.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and issues
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative to accomplish individual objectives assigned as well as team goals
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives
- Comply with organizational HR policies and procedures
- Understand and adhere to organizational HSE policies and practices
- This position will require functionally leading entry-level Engineers
- Senior Manager – Robotics and Automation
- Post Graduation (Master degree) in Instrumentation Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Electronics & Communication or equivalent degree, OR
- Graduation (Bachelor’s degree) in Instrumentation Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Electronics & Communication or equivalent degree with a minimum of two years of relevant industry experience
- Hands-on PCB design experience for analog, digital, and embedded (uP/FPGA/DSP) boards in ORCAD/ALTIUM/KiCAD/PROTEL or any similar CAD tool.
- Hands-on experience with proximity sensors, encoders, limit sensors, and sensor interface circuits
- Knowledge of Motor Drives and Power Electronics is desirable
- Hands-on experience in MATLAB/SIMULINK and/or any other simulation tool would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Electro-Mechanical Systems and CAD drawings would be an advantage
- Strong background in mathematics and/or statistics is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
An individual should demonstrate the following competencies & qualities to be able to perform this role successfully:
- Communication skills
- Teamwork & Interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving & decision making skills
- Organizing & planning skills
- Mentoring skills
- Leadership abilities