- Advertisement -
- His role is responsible for designing(Hardware) robust products as per product specifications and timelines and releasing it to Product engineering with the required documentation.
- Understanding Requirements, Product standard study, Application Study, Product Cost estimation, Technical feasibility, Ensuring timely availability of material/component required for the project.
- Selection of microcontroller and other critical components (jointly discussing with f/w team).
- Basic circuit design, Initial Design Calculation, design simulation where ever applicable (ORCAD, ALTIUM) & Schematic preparation, GPB Proto Development, Basic testing on GPB (Independent ckt. Testing)
- Coordinating with Firmware team for HW-FW interface, Preparing final schematic as per guidelines required to generate the proper part list, etc, Input for PCB layout.
- Prepare design documentation, Prepare/Conduct DFMEA, Prepare MTBF as per customer/product requirement., Putting request for component procurement to product engineering.
- Request for Proto assembly, Proto verification, Preparing Test Index. Defining Test Cases and test inputs in coordination with Firmware, Independent H/W module functional testing.
- Functional testing of the product along with firmware and verification against the requirements given in the specifications,
- Complete product validation as per the standards mentioned in the specifications. (EMI/EMC, environmental, etc.), Design validation Automation, Mold clearance to the mechanical team (wherever applicable), Proto Demo to Engg/ Testing / Marketing, Release to engineering & Testing, Pre-release training about product, Discussion & Input for Jig preparation, Attending Periodic review meeting for the status update & Support Required if any.
- Attending emergency tasks if any as per superior guidelines, updating daily time sheets.
- Electronic components knowledge and selection of components
- Hands-on Design experience with various power supplies like SMPS, Linear, and capacitive-based Power supplies and their thermal design, and hands-on experience in Analog and digital circuit design.
- Circuit simulation, Schematic preparation using Altium and Orcad tools, Knowledge of
- EMI &EMC compliance, Design FMEA, Microcontroller interfacing circuit design.
- Knowledge of serial communication Protocols, Basic knowledge of Firmware and Software.
- Electronic components knowledge and selection of components.
- BE/ME/Mtech/MSC – Electrical/E&TC/Instrumentation