The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Qualcomm’s Corporate Engineering team in Bangalore is looking for a digital hardware engineer who will be part of a cross functional team consisting of various disciplines to develop cutting edge products for internal Qualcomm and external customers.
The position is for a digital hardware design engineer, whose tasks include
- Requirements definition
- Electrical design analysis
- Schematic capture
PCB design overview
- Lab bring up, test and debug
- RTL programming
- Design documentation management
- The successful candidate will work closely with a project lead, HW, SW, CAD, Mechanical, Component Engineering, and Manufacturing resources.
- The successful candidate will have a strong interest in circuit card level design, RTL programming and test, enjoy working in a lab environment, be proactive, and have a hands-on approach to work assignments. Candidates must have great interest in new technologies and willing to learn.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required, and the candidate must be able to work well with others in a technical environment. Frequent interfacing with team members in US will be required. The candidate must be able to travel abroad. The ability to work independently and strong problem-solving skills are expected.
- B.E/B.Tech. with industry experience in the following areas:
- 2+ years hardware design experience, preferably with baseband processors, FPGAs, high speed digital hardware design
- Solid understanding of electrical engineering and circuit fundamentals. Strong knowledge of digital design.
- Coding experience with VHDL or Verilog and experience in simulation tools from Xilinx, Altera, Synopsys, Mentor, Cadence etc.
- Able to work independently.
- Strong lab skills and experience with standard lab equipment.
- Strong knowledge of both digital and analog circuit design
- Video and audio experience
- Knowledge of transmission lines, cross talk, decoupling, and layout of high-performance digital circuits.
Design experience with some or all of the following:
- FPGA and CPLD
- Flash/DDR memory,
- Battery charging,
- Power supply regulators,
- Camera sensors
- Embedded programming skills
- RTL programming
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent communications skills, oral and written.
Required: B.E. or B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering / Electronics and Communication or equivalent. Preferred: Masters