The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Company: Keysight Technologies
Notifies part requesters when non-recommended parts or suppliers are being requested and suggests alternate recommended parts or suppliers. Discusses requestor’s needs versus the benefits of using recommended suppliers and preferred parts in product design by reviewing the criteria by which recommended suppliers and preferred parts are selected.
Creates or modifies the part specifications that define Keysight requirements and permit procurement form multiple suppliers following interchangeability guidelines and /or input from materials engineering. May create or modify specifications control drawings to ensure accurate documentation of difficult to describe parts.
Evaluates part requests to eliminate duplication or simplicity with existing parts.
Inform appropriate parts selection personnel of changing trends in technology as identified through parts request information or supplier input.
Identifies critical variations in parts specifications between multiple suppliers, which would limit interchangeability. Requests are either rejected or further investigation is initiated.
Coordinates the resolution of specifications issues requiring internal and external customer input (including suppliers) either to ensure that data maintained in the materials database continues to meet engineering, manufacturing, and procurement needs or to influence the manufacturing process of suppliers to meet specifications.
- Bachelors in Electronics Engineering or equivalent 2-4 years of experience in similar profile or Materials (Component Engineering) engineering/Electronics & Electromechanical components manufacturing experience.
- Should have good knowledge of various technical parameters of Electronics Components & RoHS
- Strong analytical skills
- Basic Knowledge of Data Mining skills, SQL, VB, Macros, Advanced Excel is desirable
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written) to work with the supply base
- Knowledge of supplier specific RoHS certificates, material declarations is highly desirable
- Must possess and demonstrate high degree of Business Ethics
- Good Knowledge of Quality Systems like Six Sigma/Lean and Automation is highly desirable