At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace technologies, products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. We develop solutions that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity, logistics and more. Honeywell Aerospace delivers safe, efficient, productive and more comfortable transportation experiences for manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation aircraft, military and airports through three divisions, Air Transport and Regional, Business and General Aviation and Defense and Space.
Another key differentiator at Honeywell is our focus on continuous improvement and on architecture, design, and quality. The Platform CoE is chartered with leading the effort toward realizing greater software development efficiency and improved software quality throughout Aerospace orginization. To drive these initiatives, the Platform CoE has highly talented individuals to drive software architecture, design, best practices, for platform design and development across aero products. The Platform CoE performs design, development and Level A certification of the Boot, Platform Abstraction Layer (PAL), Device Drivers, Middleware IO and network/communciation stacks.
The candidate needs to have strong embedded platform technical skills, be able to communicate effectively (written and verbal), and work as team member in a global team.
The candidate must have demonstrated skills/abilities in the following: Software design, requirement and code (C, C++, assembely) development on an ROTS or a baremetal enveronment in compliance to various DO-178B levels (optional), capability to manage competing priorities; drives and meets stretch goals; develops and implements action plans to meet project objectives
- Design and Develop the Software.
- Facilitate Certification activities.
- Certification document creation.
- Part of analysis of complex technical problems and develop solutions.
- Able to perform the above responsibilities with minimal or no supervision.
- Generate new ideas and participate in initiatives around Avionics Platforms..
- BE/ME in Computer Science or Electronics.
- Minimum of 2 years Real Time Embedded Software development experience.
- Expert in C,C++, assembly software languages
- Embedded Systems Development Knowledge
- Proficient in Deos™/RTOS/Linux or any RTOS.
- Familiar with processor architectures (x86, PPC, ARM etc.,).
- Able to design and develop the Board Support Packages (BSP), Device Drivers (ARINC 429, RS422, RS232, Ethernet etc.,) and Middleware software including network/communication stack.
- Able to perform software desing/development, low level and high level requirements development, test, review and integrate on the target.
- Knowledge of DO-178C will be added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong personal leadership abilities and ability to handle multiple activities/priorities effectively.
- Action oriented, results driven, high energy, self starter/drive.
- Innovative with new approaches to design work.
- Influential with peers and customers and demonstrate critical thinking