- Engineer Function Development – ElectroMobility
- We are currently looking for a Diagnostics Function Developer to join the Electrical Propulsion Diagnostics Systems Team
- As a function developer you will be working on creating a diagnostics system that can detect and pinpoint malfunctions in the electric propulsion system.
This is us, your new colleagues
- Electromobility Bangalore is a group that will work together with colleagues across the globe to provide world class solutions for complete electric propulsion system or subsystem, delivering end customer value for Volvo business units such as busses, trucks, construction equipment and marine applications. The group belongs to the Electromobility organization.
- Electromobility is one of the main development areas within Volvo AB. It was established and was created to be at the forefront of environmentally friendly transport solutions for a more sustainable tomorrow.
- Being part of the Electromobility department, you will get all the benefits from a big and global company but also the ones you will find in a small one.
In the Electromobility team, we are working in a cross-functional way from system/function design, software implementation and calibration to verification of our features in customer end products.
Previous experience of working with electric vehicles and propulsion is a strong advantage.
We believe teamwork and collaboration is the foundation for great products and an attractive workplace. Therefore, we work in an agile SAFe inspired way where everyone is part of a scrum team of 5-8 colleagues with complementary skills committed to a common purpose. Every team plans their own work and delivers solutions together as a team. We take influences from SAFe and practice Agile methods and have the agile manifesto as guiding principles on how we work. We mostly use graphical programming tools such as Simulink or ASCET so that we can focus on the products we develop.
Who are you?
To be successful in this position you need to be a team player and have an analytic mindset of a true problem solver.
You either have experience from the automotive industry, system development, software development or you are a Function Developer with a great attitude working cross functional and have a willingness to learn and take more responsibility.
Required skills and experience
- 4+ years of diagnostics development experience, preferably from the electro mobility or propulsion area.
- BE / ME / M Tech in Electronics / Electrical & Electronics / Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written
Automotive experience, Targetlink, C, Embedded SW/HW, Control theory, HIL, CAN, LIN, ISO 26262, J1939, Autosar, Systems Engineering.