The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Danfoss is looking for an Electrical Test Engineer involves the Sustenance and maintenance of automated production test equipment for testing Variable Frequency Drives. Test equipment is a critical part of the production process that ensures products are assembled and required software are loaded correctly; thus ensuring a high level of quality for the customer.
- Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Sustenance of Production test equipment for Drives manufacturing
- The test system and instruments must be calibrated and maintained on a regular basis
the test engineer should be familiar with the software running on the test system, as well as network connection settings.
- Consults with management, engineering, and other staff regarding test capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Support new product introduction as a part of a cross functional team
- Independently update/modify and maintain software and hardware in test systems asper defined SOP
- Interact and participate with Quality and Manufacturing Engineers during new product
- introductions and as part of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Analyze and apply statistical methods to test data for quality improvements.
- Need timely maintenance and calibrate the test equipment for all 3 value stream
- Should be flexible to work on shifts and weekends, if required
- Shall take improvement initiatives like Kaizen, Poke-Yoke
- Ensure product and process quality using quality tools and metrics
Background & Skills
- The ideal candidate possesses these skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree (EEE/ECE ) or Diploma (EEE/ECE) in Electrical Engineering or Electronic and Communication Engineering
- 3-5 years’ experience in development and maintenance of test equipment in a production environment preferred
- Experience with data acquisition, automation systems (PLCs, etc.) and control panels
- Experience with test software, especially National Instruments LabVIEW and TestStand
- Able to travel intermittently to Danfoss facilities in Europe and Asia, if needed
- Experience with variable frequency AC drives, Regeneration and AC motors preferred
- Experience in creating Electrical CAD drawings, a plus
- Work experience or educational background in Power Electronics preferred
- Experience in new product introduction is an advantage