- Advertisement -
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
- Advertisement -
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Supporting the specialists located mainly in Germany. Close coordination within a design team including delivery managers, design engineers, procurement and with associated interface clarifications.
- Support for planning, designing and manufacturing of components for traction converters (5 MVA up to 100 MVA) and other power electronics systems. Taking customer requirements, legal requirements as well as relevant standards into consideration with focus on regions Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, UK, USA, Australia. Components for traction converters are:
- Power electronic devices and semiconductor elements-based technology.
- HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) systems.
- Water cooling systems.
- Harmonic filter components (capacitors, reactors & resistors)
- Support the generation of specifications for external suppliers for such components and support the procurement process technically.
- Support the generation of electrical circuit diagrams.
- Support the evaluation of tests.
- Participation in technical liaison meetings with customers, suppliers, and Siemens’ internal departments incl. overseas.
- All work must follow engineering guidelines, quality standards, timing, and cost constraints.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical and Electronics Engineering or Power System Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of power converters and power electronics.
- Several years of cooperation in projects, ideally in the field of converter technology, reactors, cooling systems and ideally in traction power supply systems.
- Knowledge of general electrical components and integration into overall systems
- Knowledge of relevant European and international standards (e.g., IEC, IEEE, DIN, ANSI, EN).
- Knowledge of auxiliary systems (AC and DC distribution, battery charger, illumination, etc.).
- Basic understanding of civil and structural engineering & interfaces.
- Fluent English skills a must, German skills appreciated
- Good knowledge of MS Office especially MS Visio
- Good Knowledge MATLAB Simulink ELCAD (Electrical CAD System) are appreciated