The Presales Engineer will align the product#s specification in-line with the customer requirement and obtain product approval from customer. They will Bridge technical communication between customer and sales team by Identifyand acknowledge customercomplaints and feedback related to the product.
- Visit customer sites and configure our network equipment and integrate successfully with the existing network at customer end
- Identify interoperability issues with products from different vendors and resolve the issues by working with R&D
- Liaise with developers to integrate customer requirements into product firmware and test the same in live scenario
- Gather data packets and other relevant information to help the R&D to identify the problems and validate the solutions provided
- Perform proof of concept for active products such as OLT, ONT and EDFA at customer premises, in customer network
- Installing,configuring, and supporting network equipment including OLT, ONT, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS andDHCP
- Liaise with partners in configuring firewalls/ IPPBX, routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security
- Arrange scheduled updates for the product firmware
- Capable of learning and applying command codes and use in Command console environment
Required Skills And Experience
- Education: Graduate in Computer Science / Electronics and Communication or related will be preferred
- Domain Knowledge: Telecom domain -knowledge in Installation and Configuration of fiber active equipment such as OLT, ONT, EDFA, SFP, SWITCH etc.
- Should be familiar in networking & network protocols including EPON, GPON, Ipv4, Ipv6, TR069 etc. and L2/L3 layering
- Experience: 2+ years of experience telecom industry with an experience in resolving IoT issues with multi-vendor ONT & OLT