The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Company: Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Brief Summary of the Role
This role requires interaction with the different up-stream and down-stream functions within HPE like Product development (Engg), NPI Engineering, Supply chain and Product Marketing to understand the technical specifications, offering strategy, hardware architecture, dependency and functionality of the servers. This also requires a continuous learning of the new hardware technologies that are coming up. Would be responsible for setting up the server hierarchy and configuration rules for the new/sustaining platforms/options.
- Need to participate in the Management review meetings with the US team may involve partial overlap in US/Taiwan time zones.
- Basic knowledge of PC / Server hardware is essential.
- The candidate must gather knowledge in the supported HPE platforms and should be willing to work in other areas as and when the organization demands comes in.
- Work closely with the platform development & Marketing team to understand the options technology, offering strategy, compatibility, dependency rules and restriction rules related to configuring the options in the server.
- Work in the OTT application to have to the dependency rule tagged to the appropriate options.
- Closely engage with other CTO Engineers to understand the option offerings and strategy that is implemented in other platforms.
- Manages the changes that comes up later in the product development and relay those changes in the OTT application. This will help the downstream systems to have this changes adapted.
- Develop expertise on OTT Application & processes and CTO engineering processes.
- Participate regularly in management reviews and provide management reports on weekly or monthly basis
- Identify and drive the process improvements that adds value to the deliverables.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelors degree in Electrical / Electronics Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent.
- Typically 4 to 6 years’ experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Personal Computers, HPE Servers and racks
- Basic understanding of main hardware options of the server and its function
- Flair for understanding engineering / technical aspects of various components of a server
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills; proficiency in English