The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Design/Simulation Engineer – Signal Integrity
We continue to grow our Engineering Staff and are looking for a talented Signal Integrity Design Engineer to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to perform characterization of high-speed connectors/cables and systems, using high-speed digital and electromagnetic measurements for automotive in-vehicle networks.
Concept Design and Development
- Complete PCB Electromagnetic simulations (Ansys HFSS)
- Provide Signal Integrity test board layout support for high speed applications
- Provide recommended connector pin-out configuration for optimized signal integrity performance
Design Verification & Product Validation
- · Provide testing BOM
- · Lead procurement activities of all components required to complete testing
- Complete design validation plan & report (DVP&R) documentation.
- · Oversee signal integrity testing of shielded and unshielded automotive interconnects systems.
- · Update product technical documentation (such as Engineering, Application and Product Specs).
- · Approve Test lab best practices for internal and external signal integrity lab usage.
- Prepare presentation material for internal and customer design reviews.
- Production Support
- Support product engineers with internal & customer 8D resolution activities.
- Some travel may be required.
- Performs other work-related duties as required by management.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of Altium, or equivalent PCB design software.
- Understanding of high speed data applications
- Working knowledge of transmission line theory, s-parameters, bit error rate testing, cross talk, characteristic impedance, eye diagrams, time domain analysis.
- Working Knowledge of multi-port network analyzers, BER testers, Eye pattern analyzers, digital sampling scopes and TDRs.
- Ability to apply signal integrity concepts to laboratory data for analysis and troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of high speed material properties and behavior during data transmission.
- Good analytical ability to resolve signal integrity issues and apply logical reasoning, test assumptions, observe results and make corrections.
- Exposure to lean/six sigma methodology and statistical data analysis.
Required Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, with emphasis on Signal integrity or Electromagnetics
- 1-3 years of experience in high speed automotive connector testing.
- Thinks about and does what is right, regardless of the consequences
- Raises concerns or asks questions when something doesn’t seem right, even when it’s difficult
- Always keeps commitments
- Works on things that matter (and knows why they matter).
- Acts with a sense of urgency to capture opportunities or deal with problems
- Envisions long-term implications of decisions
Knowledge & Change:
- Invites, values, and seriously considers different ideas, opinions, and points of view
- Disagrees (constructively) when it may lead to a better way
- Drives and leads change
Humility & respect:
- Willingly admits mistakes, failures, and shortcoming
- Gives credit appropriately
- Provides timely, honest feedback even when it’s difficult