This job opening is for a circuit designer in a team responsible for high-precision custom circuit blocks in AMD’s microprocessor designs. This team owns a wide variety of key IP in Digital and Analog/Mixed-Signal domains catering to products across multiple business units. With a good mix of experienced designers and recent college graduates from top Engineering institutions across the country, this team offers a very competitive atmosphere with excellent scope to learn and improve. Meticulous execution routine resulting in a solid track record, a strong focus on innovation and a balanced work-life distribution makes this one of the top-class teams in this space across the industry.
Ideal candidate would be the one with not only strong circuit design knowledge, but also clear communication and presentation skills along with diligent documentation of work. Passion to go beyond the call of duty and innovate for higher efficiency would be a key differentiator.
- Complete ownership of individual circuit blocks in a DDR PHY design in cutting edge FinFet technology nodes
- Responsible for circuit design, layout quality, electrical and timing analysis, and reliability checks
- Interface with cross-functional teams like RTL, Verification and Physical Design
- Strong hands-on experience in DDR circuit designs in latest technology nodes, including Finfet.
- Good technical knowledge of power-performance trade-offs in high-speed DDR and/or SerDes architectures
- Direct experience in all phases of design analysis including functional, static timing and electrical sign-off
- Strong understanding of the impact of variation on design performance
Desired: Masters in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, with specialization in microelectronics or something similar