Role: Solution Engineer
Electrical Energy keeps the world moving. No matter where the power comes from or where it needs to go, we make sure it makes its way
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Grids and Infrastructure team as a Solution Engineer and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
Our Software architects do everything possible to understand what is behind systems. What is the underlying business case, model, and idea? Join us and develop the appropriate architecture, communicating the crucial details of why and when to everyone involved. Play a key role in digitalization – in a promising environment.
We make real what matters
- You will responsible for the full lifecycle implementation of an MDM – meter data management product, and other Smart Grid oriented applications. This includes the requirements gathering, specification documentation, system construction/configuration, testing, Q/A, delivery and post Go-Live activities.
- Contribute to the software installation, configuration, business validation, performance tuning, exception handling and implementation support efforts of the Professional Services team.
- Expertise in customer handling will make valuable contribution in this role by working hand in hand with the Project Manager, Solution Architect, other Solution Engineers, and the end-user base to deliver a quality solution.
- Your solid understanding of Enterprise Software delivery in the Smart Meter/Smart Grid Utility space, and experience with current and prevalent web technologies. Understanding of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Meter Data Management (MDM) is a plus.
- This is an analytical, technical, problem-solving, customer facing position focused on installing, configuring and testing Smart Grid software solutions to meet customer requirements. Ideal candidates will possess the ability to work independently, remotely and multi-task in very fast-paced and dynamic environment.
What you need to make real what matters !
- You have a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer/Electronics/Electrical Engineering or relevant field with 4 to 7 years of relevant experience.
- Technical skills Required: Java, JEE, SQL, Shell Scripting, Oracle, Webservices/JMS, LINUX.
Good to have: Exposure to Big Data Analytics, AWS.
- Experience in enterprise systems integration and extensive customer-facing consulting experience
- Experience creating technical documentation (requirements, high- and low-level design documents, etc)
- Experience with CIS, AMI, and/or other relevant “Meter-to-Cash” value chain applications a plus.
- Relevant experience and familiarity with Smart Grid initiatives within Utility company and/or Smart Grid software Delivery Company preferred.
- You will get to explore the world by travelling more up to 80% in this role.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.