Company: Mouser Electronics
Technical Support Representatives are responsible for providing service to customers by interpreting application and electronic component selection for sales, customers, suppliers, and other departments within Mouser to assist in the decision of buying, selling, and providing quality technical assistance to ensure effective customer service.
Accountabilities & Essentail Functions
- Demonstrates the highest quality of customer service and effectively interacts with all internal and external business contacts.
- Uses resources effectively to provide customers the best component selection for the application and offers associated items with product support. Also provides Mouser website and online chat support.
- Teaches customers how to navigate the Mouser website to allow customers to find information easily while minimizing their need of additional support from the Technical Support team.
- Communicates requirements and interacts effectively with customers, suppliers, Customer Service, Products, and other Mouser departments.
- Attends and contributes to supplier trainings and company meetings.
- Supports the Local Customer Service team and provides support for other teams when needed.
- Supports and participates in company total quality process and represents the company in a professional manner.
- Works with minimum supervision and makes independent decisions.
- Maintains proper phone and chat coverage during scheduled work hours and regular attendance at work is an essential part of the job.
- Able and willing to travel to supplier training seminars and represent Mouser at trade shows.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Certifications
- Exhibits understanding of technical specifications to assist in the selection of semiconductor, electromechanical, interconnect, embedded products, and optoelectronic components and associated tools and accessories.
- Exhibits proficiency in the use of block diagrams, schematics, test equipment, and test procedures to analyze and troubleshoot printed circuit board assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Exhibits proficiency in basic circuit theory, analysis, and design, and/or system-level configurations.
- Ability and desire to provide technical support to external and internal customers.
- Ability to understand verbal and written communication regarding electronic applications and components and is able to ask for clarification when needed for understanding.
- Proficient use of computers, networks, software programs and other resources, including experience in a Microsoft Windows environment: Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other software.
- Proficient typing, writing skills, and math skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills in English and additional languages when required.
- Excellent written and clear verbal communication on Chat, the telephone or in person, and interacts effectively with individuals and groups inside and outside the organization.
- Exhibits strong analytical, organizational and time management skills. Analyzes the impact of decisions before execution and must be detailed and thorough in work habits with the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates effective time management and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics engineering or equivalent field of study.
- Exhibits the desire to provide excellent service, carry out correspondences in a professional and courteous manner, and interact directly with customers as needed.
- Exhibits desire and ability to advance.
- Minimal or no experience in the job.
- Works under close supervision.