- Advertisement -
Location: GE Power
Job Description Summary
Job involves validation of Embedded Software, Tools, Libraries, Drivers and other embedded packages.
- Define validation strategies for testing the control platform of GE Power Conversion drives.
- Develop test application and automated test scripts using generic scripting tools to perform the testing.
- Create test scenarios for hardware modules supporting different communication protocols namely EtherCAT, Modbus, Profibus, Canbus, etc.
- Prepare test plans, test cases, bug reports and other documents to meet the quality standards.
- Perform extensive regression tests and tests on new features.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Team Leads, and Developers to understand technically the product features and new implementations.
- Interact with multiple stake holders located in other parts of the globe.
- Take up customer issues on priority and provide timely resolution for the issues to gain better customer satisfaction index.
- Develop front end application using Microsoft technologies (Visual Basic, C#, .Net) for performing automatic validation.
- Develop automated test scripts using Python.
- Support embedded software testing for various domains like O&G, Power Systems, Metal and Marine.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments. Participate in teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues.
- Define & develop test strategies and perform extensive tests to test every hardware and software component of the control platform of GE PC drives & ensure that products are bug-free while delivered.
- This role requires, in addition to closely interacting with internal & external customers, strong inclusive team player with outcome focus & willing to work in Agile methodology of execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Electronics from reputed institutions.
- 4+ years in industrial validation environment.
- Good understanding of C, C++, C#, Python.
- Good knowledge on the industrial communication protocols like EtherCAT, Modbus, Profibus, Canbus, etc.
- Good knowledge on scripting tools.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Basic understanding about Cyber Security.
- Embedded SW development and testing.
- Passionate about quality.
- Strong technical aptitude, Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.