- Advertisement -
Amazon is looking for talented and enthusiastic support engineers to join the Kindle Content Organization. The Kindle Support Engineering team is responsible for providing accurate and timely royalty calculations and accounting entries for all Kindle and print-on-demand book sales. Publishers and authors of all shapes and sizes rely on Amazon to correctly account for all book sales so that they are paid correctly.
Some of the key job functions:
- Mentor and train other support engineers on day to day activities
- Software deployment support in staging and production environments
- Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks, with responsibilities covering multiple products, features and services
- Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in Python, Perl, or shell scripts, web technologies, with the potential for Java based projects
- Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance
- System and Support status reporting
- Ownership of one or more Digital products or components
- Customer notification and workflow coordination and follow-up to maintain service level agreements
- Work with support team for handing-off or taking over active support issues and creating a team specific knowledge base and skill set
- B.E or B.Tech in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- Strong knowledge of programming, Operating System and Data structures concepts
- Ability to understand technical specifications, distributed systems architecture and ability to deep dive on service/application logs.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Strong organizational skills and ability to deep dive to understand the root cause of the issues
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve self-service tools and effectiveness.
- Knowledge of Python, Perl, or other scripting languages is a plus
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
- Advertisement -