Boeing Test and Evaluation team is currently looking for one Associate Data Scientist to join their team in Bengaluru, KA. Test & Evaluation engineers at Boeing make sure that products at the world’s largest aerospace company continue to meet the highest standards. From quality and reliability, to safety and performance, their expertise is vital to the concept, design and certifications of a wide variety of commercial and military systems.
- Supports in achieving data analysis goals for given business objectives. Matches data to requirements and performance metrics to support analysis.
- Modifies and analyzes standardized data sets using analytics techniques such as machine learning, statistical analysis, mathematical optimization and simulation. Identifies modeling attributes and parameters. Applies algorithms to create descriptive, predictive or prescriptive models to achieve analysis and project deliverables.
- Investigates best-fit data science methodology (statistics, machine learning, optimization, simulation) given the data and applications.
- Performs standard procedures in evaluation and validation of correctness of models and analysis. Supports evaluation and validation of performance of models and analysis.
- Prepares data for analysis, e.g. cleansing, conditioning, transforming, handling missing fields, identifying new feature variables and handling multi-variate data.
- Monitors production and deployment. Prepares decision support visualizations and reports, algorithms, models, dashboards and/or tools
- Supports the development of software applications integrated with the insights obtained from the data science activities
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Candidate should have experience in understanding the business problem and work with the stakeholders to determine data analytics objectives
- Candidate should have experience in detailed data modeling including best fit methods, defining algorithms appropriate to the product, and the deployment and validation of the data model for verification of effectiveness.
- Candidate should have knowledge in using predictive/prescriptive analytic solutions to support operational objectives.
- Position requires hands on experience in working with SQL, Python, Data modeling, Tableau
- Preferred experience in handling engineering data sets such as component failure data, engineering production process data, engineering test data, time series data etc.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and a track record of working independently in developing the analytics solutions
- Must be able to work collaboratively with very strong teaming skills. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world.
- Develop and maintain relationships / partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners to develop collaborative plans and execute on projects.
- Proactively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- Demonstrate strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Be fluent in written and spoken English, and have high degree of proficiency with MS Office tools to prepare comprehensive reports, presentations, proposals, and Statements of Work.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science/ Engineering ( Software / Instrumentation / Electronics / Electrical / Mechanical or equivalent discipline) with 1 to 4 years’ experience in working with engineering data analytics