The Automation Engineer – Service is responsible for supporting the Field Service Engineers for all system automation activities. Including tech support from both our COE in Marlborough MA and at the customer site as needed for installation and integration, troubleshooting and new product introduction projects.
The FAE will be responsible for Field service automation support activities on the following Repligen systems globally;
ATF, TFF, TFDF, Chrome systems
The Automation Engineer will provide remote and onsite support and work closely with the sales and product managers in troubleshooting customer needs. The FAE shall maintain accurate documentation of all service activities and escalating issues as needed.
- Provide tech support and hands-assistance to the with regards to systems automation.
- This may include on site support with regards to installations, troubleshooting and the repair for Repligen ATF, TFF and TFDF systems.
- Be the technical authority within the service team and the go-to technical person for people outside of the service team with regards to automation.
- automation support activities may take place at customer sites (international and domestic travel may be required ( between 20 to 40%) and at Repligen locations in Marlborough MA.
- Perform installation and training on equipment, software, and other accessories; report back on issues
- Perform Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) on Repligen products at customer sites globally
- Problem-solving tasks may include resolving mechanical/software issues; resolving operating system bugs; and reinstalling software or hardware
- Enhance the customer’s positive experience by recognizing their needs and providing solutions that meet and often surpass those needs
- Communicate effectively both internally and externally, to document actions and item performed, schedule future preventive maintenance needs, and other engineering functions.
- Communicate routinely with Field Service Leaders based in the US and other FSEs globally.
- Provide phone support to customers and service group personnel related to equipment hardware and software performance.
- Document and distribute technical information regarding resolutions to field problems, hardware and software changes, and product quality improvements
- Review service manual documentation to ensure accuracy and current revision levels
- Determine appropriate updates to procedures, lessons learned, FSE training
- Bachelor’s Degree. Master preferred (Software, Systems, Automation, Electronics)
- At least 5 years of experience in the automation of equipment and systems used in a scientific instrument, laboratory or bioprocess settings
- Hand on electronic and mechanical aptitude required
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to draft and execute SOPs and work instructions
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.