As a CAD Development Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be working in a collaborative team focused on development of custom software solutions to semiconductor design challenges. Design Automation tool development requires a collaborative team working to understand Design Engineering challenges, write software to automate solutions, integrate commercial Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools – and validate tools put in production design flows.
- Work closely with circuit design, layout implementation and design verification teams understand key challenges
- Customize commercial EDA (Electronic Design Automation) tools
- Software programming to implement automation
- Integrate developed tools into design environments and flows
- Test and validate delivered tools and methodologies
- Hands-on experience required, preferably in Python (but structured Perl, Tcl, Skill or similar languages may be considered)
- Experience in object-oriented software design (Python, C++, Java or other OO language)
- Experience in test-driven software development (pyunit, or other unit testing frameworks)
- Experience in source code management and release systems
- Excellent software programming fundamentals are required
- Good knowledge of CMOS circuit and deep submicron physical design, as well as CMOS process manufacturing and layout rules preferred
- Experience developing tools/applications and integrating into Cadence DF2 environments is preferred
- In depth experience with Python and Python QT language is preferred
- Recent and relevant experience in C, C++, JAVA, Visual Basic, Perl, or Lisp will be considered
- Experience in design simulation areas preferred – Verilog, Verilog-A, ncverilog, VCS, Spice/Fast Spice, fineSim, hsim, hspice
- Good communication and problem-solving skills are required
- Fluent in English and able to communicate effectively with global teams.
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering. 2+ years of industry experience is preferred, but qualified college passout candidates also considered.
Company: Micron Technology