The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
The job has the responsibility for designing Locomotive Traction and Auxiliary control systems that meet the customer requirements, cost & reliability expectations. It includes defining system level requirements, preparing test plans & performing system validation.
- Design and develop traction and aux control systems for Locomotives.
- Participate in product conceptual designs and concept trade off analysis.
- Interact with locomotive system, sub-systems, component teams to define and document traction system requirements and interfaces.
- Develop Simulink Model as per design requirement and carryout desktop simulations to verify the design.
- Develop Validation plans and perform system validation.
- Provide designs that are robust, that meet cost and reliability targets.
- Conduct Simulator testing and later participate in locomotive testing to validate traction control as required.
- Must be willing to work on high horsepower and high voltage equipment’s.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Work with cross-functional & global teams to meet project objectives
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Electrical/Electronics/Control system Engineering.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in Engineering in similar/relevant field.
- Hands on experience with the design and development of control algorithms in a relevant field.
- Good working knowledge on usage of Simulink/Stateflow or similar tools.
- Proven analytical, interpersonal, communication, organization, planning and leadership skills.
- Process focus and continuous improvement orientation.
- 2+ years’ experience working as Traction and Aux control engineer in Locomotive Systems
- Experience in working in cross-functional environment.
- Having working level knowledge of locomotive control systems.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis, or Six Sigma Greenbelt certified preferred.
- Experience with signal processing, and interfacing with s/w for real time embedded control systems.
- Experience with requirements management tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills