The Electrical Product Engineer is part of the dedicated Point of Care (POC) Systems team. We are responsible for coordinating sustaining activities for all POC in vitro diagnostics (IVD) instruments, consumables and accompanying eco-system products. The successful candidate will work closely with Manufacturing, Quality and Service to coordinate platform enhancements, implement cost reduction projects, drive corrective actions in response to field issues, respond to new regulatory requirements and mitigate manufacturing supply risk and manufacturing quality issues for our blood gas and urinalysis product lines.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing electrical support to the new product development as well as existing platforms. Daily activities will include investigating hardware complaints, researching and implementing alternative instrument components and designs, identifying lower cost solutions, developing project schedules, defining V&V plans and ensuring on time execution of plans.
- B.Eng or M.Eng degree in Electrical Engineering, with 2-5 years experience in electronics development for instrumentation
- Strong analog experience essential
- Experience with FPGA coding and development is required, Verilog and Quartus preferred
- Experience with design for EMC, EMC testing, and safety
- Good understanding of basic multidisciplinary engineering fundamentals and experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Hands-on experience with analog and digital design, board layout and qualification, programmable logic and control system development, especially for electromechanical devices.
- Medical device experience or experience in a regulated environment is a plus.
- The ability to function well both independently and as part of an integrated team.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Experience with stepper motor controls, LabVIEW, Mentor Graphics Expedition, and Minitab is a plus
- Experience with Structured problem solving, KT, DMAIC root cause investigation process is necessary
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.