Conducts or participates in multidisciplinary research in the design, development, testing and utilization of information processing hardware and/or electrical components, mechanisms, materials, and/or circuitry, processes, packaging, and cabinetry for central processing units (CPUs) and/or peripheral equipment. Prepares specifications, evaluates vendors, and analyzes test reports. Ensures products conform to standards and specifications. Develops plans and cost estimates and assesses projects to analyze risk. Develops procedures, analysis and design for computer components, products, and systems. Initiates, guides, and coordinates overall design and development of new ideas and products. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgement.
- BE/MS degree in electrical / electronic engineering with 4 to 10 years of industry experience.
- Understanding of server class motherboards based on Intel x86 processor chipsets.
- Candidate must demonstrate in depth knowledge of all aspects including memory interfaces, power distribution and VRM, signal integrity, raw card design.
- Knowledge of several of the following interface technologies DDR, QDR, PCIe Gen3/4; SMBus, QPI.
- Test and qualification strategies for motherboards including high speed interfaces, memory etc.
- Experience with Allegro* and Cadence* design tools and knowledge and in schematic capture, printed circuit board layout.
- Design for Cost, Manufacture and Test.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate will need to be confident, enthusiastic and self-driven.
The Job is closed.