Looking for Mentor Graphics ambassadors
We are passionate about innovations that mean real progress, and we are curious about technologies that still need to be developed. Do you want to use curiosity, passion, and creativity to make the lives of millions of people easier and better? Join us – whichever path you take, we’re looking forward to seeing your point of view!
As an integral part of the technical sales team, you will contribute to Mentor’s success by helping customers deploy Mentor tools efficiently. This is an ambitious position that will assist in growing Mentor’s business in India.
The Application Engineer is a customer-facing position that helps drive Mentor Graphics analog/mixed-signal circuit simulation technologies into customers’ design and verification flows. This position combines technical depth in circuit simulation and applications knowledge (e.g., transceivers, RFIC, high-speed I/O, and signal conditioning), as well as solid communication skills, previous organization management experience including leading technical sales teams, and strong team building skills.
The Application Engineer manages multiple customer engagements concurrently and must be very effective at customer relationships. This customer interface is not only at the engineering level, but first or second level management, as well. The Application Engineer must align with Account Managers to exceed quota, as they proactively manage customer accounts to success. This could include account planning and developing solutions to customer problems, ultimately resulting in revenue. Success involves working as a team with sales, marketing, and R&D organizations.
Your new role: results-oriented and futuristic
As an Application Engineer for AMS, you work with account teams to drive adoption of Mentor Graphics AMS software. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Execute both pre-sale and post-sale technical support activities including assessment of how company products meet customer needs and the preparation of product specifications for development and installation of customized applications/solutions.
- Illustrate the value Mentor Graphics brings to customers by assisting them in their evaluations of Mentor Graphics’ Analog Mixed Signal family of software; developing and delivering software demonstrations and technical presentations; performing benchmark evaluations for customers.
- Provide on-site support when issues arise with client’s use of Mentor Graphics Analog Mixed Signal products.
- Work closely with area sales management, account teams and customers to understand business opportunities.
- Drive business for Mentor Graphics, using technical expertise and working directly with customers as a part of sales team at the appropriate management level to establish criteria for successful engagements.
- Assist technical teams, including the factory, to establish value for Mentor Graphics products and differentiate from the competition.
- Contribute towards the area technical sales plan with management and communicate frequently with peers and management on progress and account status.
- Provide pre-sale technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with design engineering on issues such as considerations for product reliability.
- Work with marketing and product managers to define new products and provide insight from the field back to these groups.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Required graduate (B.E./B.Tech) in Electronics and & Communications Engineering (ECE) or Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) with more than 5 years of experience in analog or mixed-signal design engineering. Masters (M.E./M.Tech) in VLSI or Microelectronics will have an added advantage.
- Broad understanding of Analog Design methodologies and flows including the different types of analysis solutions for analog design including Spice, Fast-Spice, Mixed Signal – Mixed-Mode analyses and flows
- Proven ability to map simulator capabilities to application-specific requirements
- Track record of exceptional customer relationships
- Exposure to Cadence Analog Design Environments ADE-L/XL/Assembler/Explorer and Synopsys Custom Compiler
- Understanding of statistical analysis, variation-aware design and characterization.
- Experience with IC schematic and layout tools, such as Mentor Graphics Pyxisor Cadence Virtuoso
- Experience with analog simulators such as Spectre, HSPICE, Mentor Graphics Eldo & AFS and mixed-signal circuit simulation tools, such as Mentor Graphics Questa ADMS, CadenceAMS Designer
- Working familiarity of Unix and Linux OS, and previous experience with scripting or C programming required
- Strong oral, written communication, and presentation skills along with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exposure to sales and applications environment is a plus
- Travel is required up to 25%
Company: Mentor Graphics
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.