This challenging job involves design, development and implementation of SW for audio/voice use cases on Qualcomm DSPs which are part of Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor. The use cases span across smart phones, smart speakers, media boxes and a wide range of other smart devices. It requires gaining in depth understanding of the DSP architecture, proprietary RTOS on DSP, DSP framework for audio/voice, various audio interfaces like I2S, HDMI, SPDIF etc, pre/post processing modules, Voice Activation and encoders/decoders for speech/audio. It provides opportunity to interact with Hardware, HLOS, Audio Tuning teams located globally. This position requires the candidate to design, implement, integrate and commercialize various software modules on DSP platforms. Responsibilities also include requirements analysis, software maintenance and troubleshooting of audio DSP framework, services, and drivers. Please apply if interested and prepared for this exciting but challenging opportunity.
Experience 1-5 years on any DSP/Embedded processor with proficiency in C/C++ programming, computer architecture, operating systems and some of the below areas:
- Knowledge of multi-threaded programming.
- Strong software debugging skills in real time operating systems, preferably on DSP platforms.
- Audio use cases (e.g. playback, recording and streaming, etc.).
- Voice use cases (e.g. CS and PS calls).
- Optimization for MIPS, Memory
- Audio/speech pre/post processing (e.g. Echo cancellation, Noise suppression, Audio Effects)
- Audio/speech compression standards (e.g. MP3, AAC, FLAC, AMR, EVS, etc.).
- Expertise in working with tools and techniques used on DSP platforms (e.g. Trace32, JTAG, etc.).
- Audio Interfaces like I2S, HDMI, SPDIF
Responsibilities include optimization for DSP, developing/enhancing the framework/drivers for new use cases, drivers for audio interfaces, drive design discussions across teams, SW maintenance.
Bachelors/Masters in Electrical/Electronics/computer science engineering from reputed institutes
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.