Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative products and solutions in mail and parcel logistics and automation as well as in airport logistics with baggage and cargo handling. Software solutions and customer services along the complete product life cycle complete the portfolio. The company has an installed base in more than 60 countries worldwide. Major customers include world-class airports as well as postal and parcel service providers around the globe.
The main task is the Electrical HW Engineering for automated Baggage / Parcel sorting systems. The engineering is based on standard library and design rules for the systems using automated tools.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Implement customized requirements for project specific modules based on standard library.
- Implement standard modules according the project specific requirements to the customized layout.
- Concept engineering according to engineering toolchain:
- Power consumption, voltage drop, short current calculation
- Basic configuration according to design rules
- Creation of electrical PLC layouts in AUTOCAD.
- Creation of the wiring diagrams in EPLAN P8 including the automated reports (cable list, I/O list, component list)
- Support the project manager / HW team lead for creation of specifications to sub-contractors (cabinet manufacturer, electrical installation)Creation of document packages for
- Installation company, supply chain management.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelor of Electrical / Electronics / Instrumentation Engineering (or similar) with 3-6 years of experience as an electrical HW design engineer.
- Expert tool knowledge: Eplan P8, Autocad, MS Office, MS Visio (Optional)
- Expert knowledge of electrical plant design (cable dimension, power estimation, voltage drop calculation, feeder calculation). Detail knowledge of Siemens low voltage products, SIMATIC HW products and Variable frequency drives.
- Detail knowledge about HW configuration of PLC field bus systems (Profinet, Profibus, Asi bus)
- Knowledge of project engineering process, including interfaces to installation and supply chain management.
- Expired knowledge of International / Indian standard design rules for electrical cabinets and field installation.
- Knowledge of safety regulations
- Intermediate skills in English language (spoken and written)
- Ability to work in a team, ability to communicate, stress resistance, strong commitment to reach the organizational goals.