Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age – and this is where you come in.
- Development of board level hardware systems – primarily digital/baseband and power hardware along with some amount of low frequency analog design.
- Developing high level design and architecture for the entire system and/or its constituent boards. Presenting initial design concepts, gathering requirements and holding design reviews.
- Schematic capture.
- Guiding a PCB through CAD
- Own Signal and Power Integrity targets/requirements and review results.
Board bring up and testing in the lab.
- Supporting test and software teams during bring up and development phases.
- Working closely with cross functional teams involved with a typical project mechanical design, PCB CAD, Power/Signal Integrity analysis, component engineering, procurement, manufacturing, software and PTE.
- Contribute and manage overall hardware system requirements.
- Developing and maintaining documentation High level design documents, user guides, BOMs, schematics, drawings etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 3 years Hardware Engineering experience or related work experience.
- 4+ years experience in the following areas:
- Designing microprocessor based or embedded microcontroller based systems.
- Typical digital video, audio and other multimedia interfaces. Examples include HDMI, DisplayPort, MIPI DSI/CSI, I2S, TDM etc.
- Typical data and control interfaces. Examples include UART, USB, SPI, I2C, Ethernet, SDIO, PCIe, etc.
- Designing, testing and bring up of complex Digital/RF systems with power devices (such as switching power supplies, LDOs) EDA tools for schematic capture (Dx Designer preferred)
- Good understanding of signal and power integrity principles.
- Experience and working knowledge with Signal and Power Integrity Simulation tools such as Hyperlynx, ADS, PowerSI etc.
- Board design through full development life cycle and configuration management for managing associated documentation (BOMs, schematics, drawings etc.)
- Lab equipment and test & measurement tools like oscilloscopes, multi-meters, signal generators, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers etc.
- Experience with developing HDL for FPGA/CPLD
- Experience with Qualcomm chipset
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering
Preferred: Master’s degree in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience