About the Position
Mist is seeking a Quality Assurance engineer as a strategic component of our engineering team. As a QA engineer at Juniper (Mist Systems), you will ensure that we deliver the best product in the world, Juniper and Mist. You’ll bring testing and quality assurance to the table and help hardening the Wired Assurance for functionality, performance, and reliability. This position emphasizes on the domain expertise in Layer 2 and Layer 3.
- Knowledge in JUNOS and SRX and EX Switch.
- Understand how various L2 and L3 features work and be able to recognize when it isn’t working as encouraged.
- Build and maintain a layer 2/3, multiple switches and access points wired and wireless network testbed.
- Work with manager to develop test plan and test cases.
- Execute test plan and test cases and document results.
- Reproducing and support customer issues.
- Support field deployment.
- Executing performance testbeds and collect data.
- Analyze logs and pinpoint root causes.
- File Jira tickets on failed test cases and bugs found.
- Work with developers and drive solution.
- Join related QA meetings and participate in discussions and provide status reports.
- Knowledge in L3 Routing
- Knowledge in L2 Switching
- Experience in Traffic Generation Tools
- Experience level: 2~5 years
- BA/BS/MS in EECS or related subject area
- Juniper Router & Switch Certifications is a strong plus
- Knowledge in 802.11 WiFi standards is a plus
- Knowledge in 802.1x is a plus
- Knowledge in Python is a plus
- Relocation is available for this position
- Travel requirements for the position <0%>