Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies have an opening for a Research Engineer – Thermal Management in the Heat Transfer Laboratory of Gurgaon facility. Under the direction of a technical leader, the research engineer is expected to evaluate heat transfer fluids for novel and cutting-edge thermal management applications.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Perform laboratory testing and technical analysis to benchmark current technologies and evaluate potential liquid and two-phase thermal management technologies
- Develop new test setups, and plan and execute experimental test programs
- Bring in new ideas to improve thermal designs for identified heat transfer fluids
- Develop a technology watch for liquid and two-phase thermal management technologies for electronics
- Work together with marketing and technology leads to identify and develop opportunities for application of Honeywell’s heat transfer fluids
- Collaborate with internal teams and customers across geographies
- Participates in the invention/discovery process with professionals
- Perform other duties as required
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HSE policy
Qualification and Experience
- MS/M.Tech. in thermofluids with 2+ years of R&D experience in advanced electronics cooling technologies. Candidate with prior experience of thermal design of IT hardware will be preferred. Knowledge in liquid and two-phase electronics cooling will be advantageous.
- Candidate should be experienced in experimental evaluation and theoretical analysis of heat transfer systems. Prior experience in design of experimental test setups, measurement technology and testing is a must.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously and follow through on commitments
- Suitable candidate should be creative yet pragmatic problem solver. Methodical and hands-on as well as detail-oriented with a drive to get results quickly