The Architecture and Technology Group (ATG) at Arm is responsible for developing world leading CPU, System architectures and associated technologies enabling our partners to build compelling products. The Architecture Verification (AV) team in ATG develops a product Architecture Compliance Kits (ACK) that are delivered to multiple internal and external CPU design teams to prove that ARM architecture CPU implementations are compliant to the ARM architecture.
This position gives an opportunity to be a senior individual contributor in a team of engineers developing software tools, automation, front end design build flows and methodologies for the latest Architecture of the ARM Cores & System IPs. Engineers in the team are required to develop software, develop automation flows, methodologies, ARM architecture tools and apply software engineering skills to develop high quality and scalable architecture compliance KIT. These architecture compliance kits are used internally within the team and by our internal ARM and external partners. You will interact with a wide range of teams within ATG and with our external partners. This role will also have an opportunity to interact with teams across all architecture validation products, develop solutions for future ARM architecture developments and influence the product offering.
Role & Responsibilities
- Strong individual contributor responsible for design and development of industry standard automation tools, build flows and methodologies for the Architecture validation team.
- Member of a team of highly skilled engineers with an ability to drive forward innovation in technical areas.
- Stakeholder management and strong and continuous communication on deliveries and risks and ensure that all engineering commitments are delivered successfully.
- Drive efficiency improvements through adoption of right development flows and methodologies.
Qualification & Experience
- Good University degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or Electronics Engineering. Other candidates will be considered if they have relevant experience.
- 4+ Years of engineering experience primarily focussing on automation tools/flows development, design automation.
- Proven experience in handling and owning methodology, automation or build flow projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and willing to take up additional responsibilities to contribute to the team’s success.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience in developing regression management and build flows.
- Expertise in Unix/Linux working environment and shell scripting (bash/tcsh).
- Strong background in scripting and automation for software development or semiconductors. Expertise in at least one programming language (C or C++) and one scripting language (Perl or Python).
- Experience in managing version control system such as GIT and continuous integration (such as Jenkins or Bamboo)
- Exposure to Project Management practices and Project Life-cycle Management.
- Familiar with Quality assurance (QA) best practices such as Test Plan development, Testcase development, unit testing and measurable execution thereof
- Good understanding of different verification or software environments and toolchains (specifically GNU toolchains)
- Familiar with Quality assurance (QA) best practices such as Test Plan development, Testcase development, unit testing and measurable execution thereof.
The Job is closed.