This position is for the Juniper TAC CFTS (Customer Focused Technical Support) Level 2 Technical support engineer to support network equipments running Juniper Operating Systems (JunOS).
Individual Contributor Role
- Troubleshoot issues related to configuration, hardware and software, replicate customer environments and network problems in the lab.
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of the problems reported, understand the environment/network and influence business.
- Take ownership for problem resolution, problem reproduction.
- Be a fast learner and keep pace with newer technologies
- Participate in initiatives such as create Knowledge Base and Whitepapers.
- Work Engineering, and Advance Services teams on critical customer escalations.
- Available to work in shifts and cover weekends rotations.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Electronics/Computer Engineering
2 – 5 years of experience in IP Network Routing domain – Troubleshooting, implementation, design etc.
- Excellent Customer handling and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- In depth knowledge of IP Packet flow
To be proficient in any of the following technologies
- Layer 3 Technologies (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, ICMP, UDP, TCP, QoS, VRRP)
- Layer 2 Technologies (Ethernet, VLAN, STP, ARP, LACP, stacking/virtual-chassis, VXLAN)
- Security Technologies (Firewalls, IPSec, GRE, IDP/IDS, IPS, Dos, clustering)
Understanding/Exposure/Expertise in one or more areas will add weightage
- MPLS, MPLS-TE, Segment Routing
- Multicast technologies PIM, NG-MVPN
- Data center Fabric and IP CLOS networks
Prefer to have Knowledge in one or more networking Operating Systems:
- JunOS, Cisco(IoS,IOS-XR), Palo Alto, Arista, Huawei and others.
- Preferred Certifications – JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE, CCNA/CCNP/CCIE
Company: Juniper Networks
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.