Qualification: B.Tech ECE / EEE
High-Speed Digital Hardware Characterization Engineer – The BDC Post Silicon Engineering group has an opening for a Digital Bench characterization Engineer.
This group develops Test solutions for Design verification of Highly integrated SOCs ( System on Chip) designed by Qualcomm.
We work with Design, System, Program Management, Yield, Reliability and Manufacturing teams to Test, support and commercialize Qualcomm products.
- As part of the Post Silicon Engineering group, you will be responsible for developing Test strategy & executing Bench characterization for leading edge LPDDR & PCDDR Subsystem components (DRAM, DRAM Controller, DRAM PHY, IOs, PLL/DLL, Clocking architecture, Delay circuits, Power Distribution Network) and High Speed IO interfaces (PCIe, USB2/3, Display Port, HDMI, MIPI-CSI/DSI, UFS & PLL).
- You will drive first Silicon debug, qualify semiconductor fabrication process, evaluate parametric performance of DDR & High Speed IO IPs and perform failure analysis to root-cause a design problem.
- MTech, B.Tech or Equivalent in Electronics or Electrical Engineering with 2-5 years of related work experience – Candidate must be familiar with Test and characterization of DDR and High-Speed IO interfaces with in-depth understanding of Mobile & PC DDR 2/3/4 protocol, timing diagrams, HSIO IPs PHY level understanding and Electrical parametric compliance specifications (eye diagram, differential signaling, jitter analysis, Receiver-Jitter-Tolerance, signal integrity, transmission line considerations, de-embedding).
- Hands-on experience using Bench instruments (oscilloscopes, J-BERT, network / spectrum analyzers, signal generators, logic analyzers) is a must.
- Required programming skills: C, C++, C-Sharp (or equivalent) and LabView.
- Decent understanding of VLSI technologies, analog and digital integrated circuits, semiconductor physics.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving & debugging skills.
- Need proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with strong verbal and written communication skills.