Job Category: Engineering, Electrical
Functional Area: Low Frequency Electromagnetics, Electrical, Motors, Transformers, Actuators, Induction heating and Ship magnetization.
Application Engineer responsible for pre-and post- sales technical activity in the Low Frequency Electromagnetics and Electrical Engineering domain. The purpose of this engineering position is to provide technical interface between the Customer and our Products, as well as activities relative to technical demonstration, projects, training, installation and product support.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Specialist in the use and application of low frequency electromagnetic simulation tools like Altair Flux, FluxMotor, or Ansys Maxwell, or JMAG, or Magnet; to support the applications such as motor design, magnetic flux analysis, transformer analysis, and other electrotechnical problems.
- Provide on-site demonstrations, presentations, and training for EM tool Altair Flux in support of the sales and marketing efforts.
- Perform pre- and post-sales support of customer including evaluations, software benchmarking and high-level technical support.
- Provide training and support (on-site, via telephone, and email) to increase the productivity of our customers and enhance their ability to apply our tools to their design challenges.
- Work closely with Sales team to qualify opportunities and propose solutions together with the customer. Provide the technical knowledge to define the best solution meeting customers’ requirements.
- ME/MTECH in Electrical Engineering in Power Electronics/Power Systems
- Relevant domain experience of 2-4years
- Strong technical skills including understanding of software principles on magnetic flux, inductances, electro-thermal, magneto-thermal, and electrostatic, transient electric analysis.
- Deep understanding of the principals of finite element method for low-frequency electromagnetic and thermal simulations, and inducting heating.
- Knowledge of fundamental of magnetic, electric and thermal fields; static, harmonic and transient analysis of electric rotating machines, and other electrical systems like transformers, actuators, sensors, generators.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to multi-task and support multiple priorities
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.