We are currently seeking a candidate for the position of Engineers – Power Electronics, Design and develop power electronics converters for the solar Grid tie inverters and storage solutions. The position is responsible for Defining specification, system architecture design, Implementation and support for Medium power 3 phase PV inverters.
The Position is based in Bangalore – India
- Lead complex design and analysis of new circuits and systems, including feasibility studies.
- Architecting design strategy and formulating specifications and hands on implementation of design for Inverters/Storage solutions/ AC drives/UPS systems. Exposure to Solar Grid tie inverters is preferred but not mandatory.
- Proves design concepts through a combination of computer simulation and physical laboratory implementation/testing.
- Conducts WCA and FMEA analyses to evaluate reliability and ensure there are no product safety/liability concerns.
- Develops engineering models and test plans to verify electrical, environmental and functional compliance of the design to its specification.
- Support Project planning activities
- Estimate the scope of work with work breakdown structure.
- Carries the design from concept to manufacture according to PMP. This involves working in a collaborative cross-functional team.
- Create detailed hardware design documentation tracking product development.
- Remains abreast of the latest technology developments in power converters.
- Assist and lead the preparation and review of product manuals, application notes and service documents.
Knowledge and Skills
- Product design expertise : Power converters/UPS Systems/AC-DC drives SMR’s, Solar Inverters
- Experience and strong design knowledge of PFC converters, Inverters, semi conductor devices and gate drives.
- Experience in magnetic design : Low frequency and high frequency transformers and Inductors
- Strong design knowledge of Digital circuit designs, Analog circuit design.
- Knowledge of control Loop design and stability analysis and experience in developing control systems for Power inverters/Converters.
- Experience in using Mathcad/Matlab and simulink tools for control systems
- Knowledge of PCB design in meeting the compliance/Manufacturing requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters/Ph.D in Power electronics or EE from Premier Institutes like IIT and NIT
- 4+ years proven experience developing Power Electronics products
Company: Schneider Electric