The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
We are looking for a high energy, driven person with strong work ethic and integrity to join us Board Design Engineer position in the fast-paced Emerging Memory Group at Micron.
You will be a core senior technical individual contributor in the architecture, design, bring up, validation and release to manufacturing of systems based on new memory technologies, ASICs, FPGAs, digital, mix-signal, analog circuitry and power supplies. You will need to have solid knowledge and extensive experience developing systems based on the above-mentioned technologies as well as high speed transmission line theory and application, mechanical design and thermal design and characterization. The position will require hands on system bring-up, characterization and debugging as well as knowledge of laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic and protocol analyzers. This is a highly visible and challenging role and you will be working very closely with other development groups such as software, firmware, Media, and ASIC.
- Architect, design, bring up, test, validate and release to manufacturing complex electronic systems and modules based on product marketing requirements and on new memory technologies, ASICs, FPGAs, digital, mix-signal, analog circuitry and power supplies.
- Architect and design such electronics systems and modules by following best practices for signal and power integrity as well as mechanical and thermal design and implementation.
- Define and implement test and validation plans including thorough design reviews of all major sub-assemblies to guarantee only one prototype leading to the final system/module revision, and MTBF prediction, FMEA, component derating, margin test, etc. to guarantee highest quality and reliability.
- Oversee the placement, layout and fabrication of the systems and modules.
- Support product certification activities, NPI, production and manufacturing, including product transfer form Engineering to manufacturing and materials procurement.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the way we operate and work and help implement them with management support leading to a more efficient, agile and higher quality product development process.
- Proven forward-thinking person with the ability to inspire change and to influence and build consensus with highly technical teams and senior leadership
- Demonstrate teamwork, self-development, drive for results, integrity and trust
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
Required Technical Skills
- Proficiency in CAD tools such as Cadence HDL, Or CAD CIS, Allegro PCB, and SolidWorks.
- Knowledge and/or experience of storage and memory sub-systems, including PCIe, NVMe, CXL and DDR technologies.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Equivalent experience in engineering or related field of study will be considered
Solid experience (5 years) in the Storage Industry architecting, developing and shipping to customers memory and storage solutions and products.
Company: Micron Technology