As an Engineer in RF Algorithm team you will be responsible for design, development, implementation, modification and testing of algorithms and other necessary software components in the NI RF Measurements Software. This mostly involves understanding and implementation of the PHY layer of Wireless Cellular and Wireless Connectivity standards. This software runs on NI Vector Signal Analyzer and Generators. You will also be responsible for the subsequent maintenance of the product that you were involved with while working on the later versions of the product or while working on new products.
Independently research and find solutions to complex problems in RF communication baseband design and development, understand Physical\Lower MAC layer sections of the relevant standard and devise digital signal processing algorithms and support modules in LabVIEW, develop the necessary API and integrate into the main product.
Track the evolution of cellular standards such as NR, LTE-A, LTE, WCDMA, GSM, CDMA-2k, EVDO or connectivity standards such as WLAN and BT. Extend the NI RF Measurements software support to evolutions in Standards and newer NI Hardware platforms.
Benchmark the performance of NI software on NI hardware with competitor RF Analyzer’s\Generator’s\Software\Hardware. Provide algorithmic improvement inputs in terms of speed, memory and accuracy enhancing the NI products accordingly. Constantly keep up on newer NI products and the knowledge of competitor hardware and software.
- Use LabVIEW as the main development language.
- Gain Proficiency in LabVIEW, TestStand and other NI products.
- Adopt the NI software development practices, participate in code and design reviews, provide suitable documentation at various stages of research, development and test.
- Work with other teams involved with the product.
- When needed should be able to interface with the customer and interpret customers request and should be willing to travel to customer site and provide a speedy solution.
- Participate in recruitment efforts for the RF Team.
- M.E/M.Tech/B.E from a top engineering school in Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Telecom, or equivalent.
- Strong hold on RF Communication and Digital Signal Processing concepts
- Experience with LabVIEW, TestStand is preferred.
- Should be self motivated, have passion for working on products and be technically sound in their relevant areas of expertise.
- Taking initiative, being a self-starter, and working independently
- Working effectively in a group development environment
- Ability to learn and adapt
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Ability to clearly communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
Company: National Instruments
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.