- The ‘Test Engineer – Verification / Validation’ is primarily responsible for software testing in product development.
- He / she shall verify and validate the DCS functions ensuring that control applications & configuration are healthy. This includes reviewing, testing and maintaining releases for control applications used by plants. It also includes performing bug analysis, bug testing and validating cyber security requirements of plants.
- He/she is responsible for test design and its execution as per prescribed test strategy to ensure that software application complies with implicit and explicit requirements.
- Review user/software requirements documentation with stake holders.
- Specify and execute test cases (including automation scripts if applicable) based on analyzed requirements and overall test strategy.
- Develop & validate automated and manual tests.
- Report errors in bug tracking tool and track the issues to closure incl. support of defect investigation, validate defect fixes and analyze impact of fixes.
- Create test documentations including test specifications, impact testing and Ensure product & process quality as per customer requirements and defined software development guidelines together with Test Manager and as well as Lead Engineer Validation & Verification and reasoning.
- Create test reports including defect logging and test result logging, defect analysis, RCA, summary reports.
- Validate Technical documentation (e.g. Administrator’s Manuals, User guide)
Required Skills and Experience
- B.E/B.Tech in Instrumentation and Control / Electronics / Electrical / Computer Engineering.
- Candidate with 2-4 years of Software testing experience in any processing plants with control systems (DCS).
- Practical experience at project sites would be essential.
- Strong control process Domain knowledge is expected with Distributed Control System (DCS, PLC, SCADA)
- Experience in Administrator tasks of DCS is preferred.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal & Strong Analytical skills required.