Interfaces with mid-level customers, engineers, and managers to develop or enhance complex computer-aided engineering design or manufacturing processes. Uses computer-aided systems to assist and instruct lead customer engineers on large scale, complex design and tooling tasks involving multiple design environments. Cogently communicates software problems to product development. Assists other engineers in the design, development, and implementation of large scale, complex graphical application programs on multiple software products and hardware platforms. Provides business and technical feedback to software and hardware vendors. Uses advanced data exchange methodologies to facilitate effective data sharing between dissimilar systems or applications that span across engineering disciplines. Provides technical guidance to lead customer engineers in the application of complex design techniques and system procedures related to computer-aided engineering software. Responsible for in-depth technical papers and presentations to customer management. Guides junior engineers. Works with minimal supervision on complex projects with wide latitude for independent judgment. Well skilled with broad proficiency.
- After a thorough product training, calibrate and repair systems that are in use at our customers. This is either done in our office in Bangalore, at the Siemens offices throughout India or at customer site. Work independently and with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Liaise on a daily basis with the Customer Support Engineers that provide the after sales support on all products of the Simcenter product portfolio. Also provide product feedback to our product management and development teams.
HW Engineer Profile
- Bachelor of Engineering, EEE or ECE (Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering) with 5 years of experience
- Knowledge of analog and digital electronics, PCB repair skills is an advantage
- Knowledge of mechanics
- Approximately 2-year experience in a Customer Support organization
- Good at problem solving, good analytical reasoning
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of additional languages is an advantage
- Background /interest in Automotive, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- Independent, flexible, customer and quality oriented
- You are able to manage priorities in your workload; able to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills (Internal and External)
- Ability to ensure customer success and satisfaction
- Teamwork oriented
- Willing to travel extensively in India and abroad
- Driver’s license