Performs electrical maintenance and machine support tasks to keep equipment available and capable. Selects and uses appropriate tools, machinery and specialty equipment completing work with limited guidance. Learns and understand the protocols of working safely with electricity and other energy sources with industrial equipment.
- Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE)
- Stop work and immediately report any major injury hazards.
- Report any work-related injury, illness, incident or hazard.
- Comply with HSE standards, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Promote interdependence by looking out for one another.
- Correct hazards within your control and capabilities.
- Recognize how your work may impact the environment and work to minimize the negative impact.
- Engage in HSE Training.
- Applies high standards of workmanship and craftsmanship.
- Support equipment uptime and downtime failure analysis.
- Performs work in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and specifications using various tools, measuring and testing instruments.
- Provide feedback into the Preventive Maintenance system.
- Follows all process documentation and quality procedures.
- Raises issues to minimize cost and quality exposures.
- Performs quality inspections.
- Performs electrical repairs and maintenance of manufacturing equipment .
- Demonstrates a high level of competency in core work skills.
- Performs and documents preventive, emergency, corrective and predictive maintenance activities.
- Conforms to applicable codes and standards to maintain, install, and operate electrical systems.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area, including routine housekeeping and machine cleaning tasks.
- Performs other duties as required to meet business goals.
- Identify and reduce manufacturing constraints
- Schedule maintenance activities around production requirements
- Solve problems and improve processes
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Communicates effectively with the assigned team and with all support teams.
- Completes training and personal development in line with business requirements.
- Participates actively with local Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) teams in ways to improve quality, safety, process, material flow, and employee development.
Controls Safety – Recognizes controls related hazards in a manufacturing environment (Electrical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic) to incorporate safe practices and procedures as part of the daily work plan to reduce injuries and create a safe machine environment.
Electrical System Troubleshooting – Analyzes an electrical control system to resolve and repair electrical issues to return the system to proper operating conditions.
Factory Automation and Control Systems – Implements changes to further automate manufacturing processes using available technology, programming techniques, and identifying needed material and resources for project completion to provide the optimum automation for the manufacturing environment.
Machine Programming – Creates factory floor machine programs by designing and implementing solutions to improve usage of machine and overall operation.
Health and Safety Fundamentals – Champions and models proactive health and safety behaviors by identifying, reporting and participating in actions to improve health and safety in order to build an interdependent culture and contribute to an injury-free workplace.
Manufacturing Knowledge – Demonstrates the knowledge of manufacturing by correctly implementing changes in current processes, equipment, and applications to meet the function’s needs and contribute towards continuous improvement.
Nimble learning – Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Drives results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Communicates effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Customer focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Decision quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Requires some work experience or intermediate level knowledge obtained through education, training or on-the-job experience.
EquipmentMaintenance: Perform routine maintenance, inspections, and repairs onelectrical equipment, machinery, and systems. This include CNC Machines,Grinding Machines, EDM machines etc
Troubleshooting:Diagnose electrical faults, malfunctions, or failures using testing equipment,schematics, and technical manuals. Identify and resolve issues to minimizedowntime and ensure the safe operation of electrical systems.
Repairsand Replacements: Repair or replace defective electrical components, wiring, orequipment. This may involve soldering, wiring connections, rewiring circuits,or replacing faulty parts.
SafetyCompliance: Adhere to safety standards, electrical codes, and regulations whileperforming maintenance tasks. LOTO practice while performing the maintenance jobon machine.
Documentation:Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including work performed,inspections conducted, and parts used. Update equipment logs and providereports on equipment condition and performance.
PreventiveMaintenance: Implement preventive maintenance programs to identify and addresspotential issues before they lead to equipment failure or breakdown.
Collaboration:Coordinate with other maintenance personnel. Communicate effectively with teammembers and stakeholders to ensure smooth operations.