Company: Tata Steel
The Context / Purpose of the Job
- Execute and detail understanding of Level-1 Automation system along with detail understanding Instrumentation & Controls (I&C) and functional description in various projects.
- Develop capability and competence in the team to carry out Concept to Commissioning project cycle i.e., Conceptualise, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning.
- Engage with technology supplier and explore use of new technology for cost effective solutions, innovative embedded models (codes) in the Application Software
- Breakdown the process into multiple packets to distribute to other relevant technology project teams
- Develop various process flow diagrams and working models to streamline the process
- Coordinate the development cycle and attest the compatibility of different modules
- Supervise and conduct the performance test and trials to ensure a hassle-free user experience
- Records and document each phase of application development for further reference and maintenance operation
- Deploy and install the applications to demonstrate the successful performance of software as per the client expectation
- Fix the problems arising across the test cycles and continuously improves the quality of deliverables
- Communicate with other application development partners and technology arbiters to deliver excellent output
Overall objective of the role:
- Take up Application development portion of various projects independently and execute right from conceptualization, design, coding and commissioning.
- Assessment of team members strength, weakness and their inclination towards any topic and develop them accordingly, which fulfils their individual needs as well as company’s requirement
- Create standards, Specifications and other technical documents suitable for Design basis and enquiry spec.
- Standardise the application dev. portion of the job across the plant to minimise Troubleshooting and development time
- Discussion and collaboration with technology and equipment supplier for self and the team to keep them updated
- Troubleshooting and commissioning support across TSL
- In-depth knowledge of Level 2 hardware, software and third-party interface. Knowledge on PHD or Historian and data capturing from different servers/controllers.
- Process knowledge of BF/Coke/Sinter/ Pellet /SMS/ Mills/ASU/Utility System/Raw Material processing.
Major tasks & responsibilities:
- Conceptualise the Automation architecture along with electrical, instrumentation and process flow in a manner, which is latest in technology, proven cost effective and easy to maintain
- Assessment of team member strength, weakness and their inclination and develop them accordingly, which fulfils their individual needs as well as company’s requirement
- Create standards, Specifications and other technical documents suitable for Design basis and Inquiry spec
- Standardise the Libraries and functions across the plants for easy understanding
- Discussion and collaboration with technology supplier for self and the team to keep all updated
- Level-1 application development and commissioning along with data communication at different level as per project requirement
- Application engineering – CPU load calculation, Automation architecture development and verification, IO / Communication protocols finalization.
- Instrumentation and Controls(Plant Electrics will add advantage)
- Modern Drives and controls
- Industrial Communication
- PLC programming and communication on commonly used platform like (Rockwell, ABB, Siemens & Yokogawa)
- Deep understanding on application development and troubleshooting on Rockwell, Siemens, and ABB platform.
- Engineering in Automation with commissioning experience
B.Tech/B.E- Electrical/Electronics/Instrumentation-Full time- AICTE/ UGC Approved campuses