About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.3 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Being human-led is our true disruption.
Enterprise Business Services is invested in building a compact, robust organization that includes service operations and technology solutions for Finance, People, Associate Digital Experience.
The ideal candidate is customer-centric, sensitive to design, fluent in analytics and the business model, actively communicates both up and down the org, and is results-oriented with a strong bias for action. This individual is an evangelist for the needs of both the customer and the business and has a deep understanding of the customers’ job to be done. She/he is an excellent communicator and builds strong cross-functional relationships, internally and externally. This individual will be skilled in working across departments to collaborate with Business Managers, User Experience, Application Architects, Engineering, Program Managers, QA, and Operations teams. Plus, with teams across locations, exceptional communication skills and a proven ability to collaborate across goes is a must!
We are looking for a SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. This is a hands-on role which would need coding expertise along with business or domain knowledge and good communication skills. Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
The SDET role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
- Involve in Design, Implementation and plan for automation testing (primarly mobile) and documentation.
- Responsible for products end to end testing methodology and following best practices.
- Hands-on with the automation test suite development for the product features and APIs
- Interact closely for requirements with Business owners and technical teams both within India and across the globe.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Setup and execute automation tests, conduct periodic analysis, deliver and communicate test results.
- Responsible for assessing bugs priority/severity, effectively communicate to stakeholders.
- Engage with Product Management and Business to drive the agenda, set your priorities and deliver quality products.
- Interacting with development team and working closely with them to assist or improve product quality.
- Work with leadership to chart out the test strategy and roadmap of the products
- Participate in hiring and build teams enabling them to be high performing agile teams.
- Need to be passionate to learn new technologies and also ability to quickly adapt to change. Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Should be able to do UI automation (selenium/Java), Api automation and mobile automation (iOS & Android)
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- B.E. / B.Tech / M.E. / M.Tech / MCA in Computer or Electronics with 2-6 years of QA Automation experience.
- Good at computer science fundamentals like data structures, Java, algorithms, design patterns
- Strong experience in Mobile App UI Automation – primarily for mobile JS side (RN or React) and any one platform – iOS / Android
- Functional Testing: Data Validation, UI testing, Device and Make Coverage (iOS and Android), Network Throttling, Notifications testing.
- Non-functional Testing: GPU overdraw, Rendering performance, Battery issues, CPU, Thread count, Memory consumptions and leaks, Network data transfer. (Crashes and ANR)
- Appium (RN), Detox (RN), Calabash, Chrome and Safari Testing tools, Espresso (Android), XCUITest(iOS), Postman, JMeter, Rest Assured, Gatling.
- App Profiling (concepts like Rendering performance, battery issues, thread count and memory dumps)
- Log verification – backend and frontend.
- Strong knowledge of quality, testing principles and writing effective test cases
- Good understanding of black / white / grey / glass box test methodologies
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience with security testing is a plus
- Expertise in implementing Test Automation using languages like Java, and tools such as Selenium and TestNG
- Experience on testing RESTful Web services API automation using REST Assured
- Experience in Functional and Integration testing with cross browsers or products
- Exposure to Git, Jenkins, Maven, CICD Tools
- Experience on Regression & Performance Testing using tools like JMeter, JEST etc
- Knowledge on cloud-based platforms and configurations, preferred MS Azure
- Solid Knowledge on UI and SQL Database
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills – including negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills; ability to prioritize, influence and persuade, without direct control.
- Practitioner of Agile (Scrum) methodologies
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.