Company: Mouser Electronics
The PCB Design Engineer will be responsible for the layout of complex printed circuit boards including Digital, Analog & Mixed Signal technology. Candidate must have well-developed competency in PCB design & manufacturing and should have designed complex layouts with flat & hierarchical schematics.
Accountabilities & Essential Functions
- Review symbols, footprints and components created by other engineers against our internal standards.
- Help support an eventual transition to database libraries, and expand our library operations to support OrCad, Allegro, Altium and Cadence.
- Responsible for PCB layouts of various IO, Communication and CPU cards.
- Working closely with Hardware, Mechanical, Component and production engineering towards developing new boards with highest emphasis on quality and schedule.
- Boards to meet all the DFM and DFT requirements.
- Coordinate with various fab and assembly houses towards manufacturing high quality PCB’s Schematic drawing, net list and BOM generation.
- Hands on experience in creating Footprints as per IPC Standards.
- Board mechanical creation and Design Rules settings.
- Component Placement.
- Routing and Design Rule Check.
- Gerber creation and Verification.
- Fabrication details preparation.
- Thorough checking and verification of designs before release to Fabrication.
- Project plan and work schedule preparation.
- Responsible for coordinating with Hardware Design Team and Mechanical Design Team.
- Work closely with the board design and signal integrity team to achieve high quality PCB designs.
- Hands on experience in PCB tools like OrCAD PCB Editor and ORCAD CIS, Altium, CAM350 and Mechanical tools like AutoCAD.
Skills & Certifications
- Knowledge on complete product life cycle for PCB design like components foot print creation, PCB placement, stack up preparation, constraint preparation, routing, Gerber generation, Fabrication and Assembly documents preparation.
- Ability to deal with varied multiple project assignments simultaneously.
- Experience with Cadence – EDM, Altium Designer and ECAD libraries/library configuration management.
- Hands on person capable of understanding the issues and performance of electronic components of all types and able to apply sound engineer practices to find appropriate solutions to issues.
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE), CE, or equivalent degree required. 2-5 years’ experience working as an applications engineer, design/support engineer, or technical marketing engineer.
- Experienced with the use of the Microsoft Office suite of applications (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Good knowledge of PCB Layout and Library, Strong analytical, problem-solving & organizational abilities.
Basic knowledge in Placement, Handling Layout and Schematic.