Company: Johnson Controls
What you will do
Johnson Controls is looking for an experienced engineer in Digital Solutions with deep knowledge of building technologies including BMS, VMS, access controls, workspace management applications, etc.
As a member of the Global Center of Excellence, the Presales engineer will help customers to make technology decisions, implement best practices for asset management and overall facilitate the transformation of buildings into smart connected entities. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will drive secure and robust solutions.
You are obsessed with driving continuous process improvements to optimize solutions and deliverables in digital solution presales processes.
How you will do it
- Review opportunity inputs, requirements, and specifications; should be able to capture the digital solution scope and understand the complete requirements of the customer.
- Preparation and participation for Gate 0 calls/review meetings with the JC Branch sales team for technical queries, scope clarifications, compliance, and record minutes of the meeting.
- Clarify, prioritize and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability
- Adherence to proposal & estimation process and guideline to select proper digital solution applications/offerings to come up with the technical solution.
- Preparing architecture, technical proposals, and cost estimates ensure it meets the customer requirement and provides a competitive advantage to JCI.
- Provide technical leadership to coordinate, prioritize and deliver proposals, and commercials in the pre-sales process.
- Articulate goals, desired outcomes, risks/issues, and mitigation plan clearly in the pre-sales process.
What we look for
- BE/ME (Instrumentation / Electrical / Electronics / Electronics & Communication)
6+ years experience as Sales/presales/estimation engineer and delivering proposals, technical presentations, and commercials in the overall Bid/Sales process with internal as well as external stakeholders
- Expertise in building technologies e.g. Building Management systems, Access control, Fire and Lighting control
- Knowledge of different types of network protocols like BACNet, LON, Modbus, OPC, and other protocols.
- knowledge of HVAC control systems or Industrial Control systems, IT-OT Integrations, API integrations
- Knowledge of Energy/Asset Management, workspace management applications, Cloud-based Analytics tools, Digital Twin, etc.
- Familiar with Onboarding/Deployment experience in digital solution applications.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in an energizing and fast-paced environment
- Experience working with industry leaders to understand current technology trends and relevancy
- Must be a quick learner & should have a keen eye for problem-solving
- Proficient in written and verbal communication
- Ability to demonstrate good leadership skills
- Can own the responsibility and accountability to drive the overall success of pre-sales.