The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Company: Hitachi Energy
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
R&D Engineer for Embedded SW Dev (MACH vC&P -3) will be part of Hitachi Energy business-based Chennai, you will be responsible for our growing R&D team, to fulfill the current and future requirements of High Voltage DC (HVDC) transmission, HITACHI Energy, has developed a fully computerized control and protection system using state-of-the-art computers, micro-controllers and Digital Signal Processors connected by high performance industrial standard buses and fiber optic communication links.
- Development: Developing software modules of Highest Quality, On-Time & Efficiently and maintain it continuously, with enhancements, bug fixes etc.
- Testing: Bench Testing / Unit testing for the modules developed / modified.
- Process: Following the defined processes, throughout the development phases, in full.
- Collaborate: Collaborating with teams globally, for development and with customers, both Internal & external, professionally.
- Support: Supporting & working together with the team, for the developments.
- Continuous improvements: Contribute towards continuous improvements, for the products & solutions under development, processes, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science or Electronics & Communication Engineering
- 3 to 7 years of post-qualification experience in Embedded Systems Development
- Very good understanding and hands-on development of embedded technologies- digital signal processing, real time operating systems and/or multi-core systems.
- Excellent programming capabilities in C, C++
- Solid knowledge & hands on experience working with Linux
- Experience in debugging and root cause analysis of problems related to above technologies.
- Debugging complex multi-threaded and event-based applications
- Very good understanding & working with Agile / scrum process
- Very good understanding & working with GIT repository
- Experience working with virtualization technologies – HyperVisors, Containers
- Exposure to Simulation Environments developments such as Simulink or similar
- Experience working with Machines (VMs),
- Exposure to SAFe Agile, is a plus
- Strong understanding of Configuration Management and version control tools such as Azure DevOps(TFS)
- Exposure to web technologies, REST APIs, web sockets
- Working knowledge in databases – Mongo DB, Redis
- Experience with scripting languages, Python and Lua
- Working experience in IT systems / infrastructure for the project hosting & handling, cloud is a huge advantage
- Excellent communication, both verbal & written in English